K9 Kampus Facility Contract
This is a Contract between K9 Kampus and the pet owner whose signature appears below (hereinafter called “Parent”)
Entering our facility and using our services is your acknowledgement that you understand all our policies, procedures and requirements and agree to abide by them
THIS “ALL IN ONE FACILITY AGREEMENT” (“Agreement” or “AIOFA”) is entered into as of the day listed on the signature line of this agreement, by and between K9 KAMPUS LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY (“K9 KAMPUS” or the “Company”), a Florida limited liability company, and the Pet Parent/Owner, (“Parent") and is applicable to all pets (collectively “Pet”) owned by the Parent.
WHEREAS, K9 KAMPUS desires to offer certain specified services to Pet for in exchange for the payment by Parent of fees associated with such services; and
WHEREAS, Parent desires to obtain from K9 KAMPUS the specified services for Pet.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants and conditions set forth herein and other good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency and adequacy of which is hereby acknowledged by all parties, it is agreed as follows:
1. Services We agree to provide the specific services (“Services”) to your Pet for each visit as indicated when are checked into the system upon arrival for each of your Pet’s visits. We will exercise reasonable judgment in all circumstances as we provide the Services.
2. Payment for Services. Parent agrees to pay K9 Kampus for Services we provide to your Pet during each visit at the rates set forth at the start of such visit (collectively the “Charges”). Prices are subject to change without notice and seasonal rates may apply. Charges begin on the day you leave your Pet and calculated according to the time of check out. A deposit may be required upon reservation scheduling or check in and payment is due in full upon check out.
3. Reservations. Reservations will be accepted but not guaranteed without verification of K9 Kampus requirements and a deposit for all boarding reservations prior to stay. A credit card must be kept on file when boarding with us. A reservation is required to qualify for all special priced services. If you are a no-
4. Cancellations. If you need to cancel your boarding reservation, please do so at least (72) hours prior to your arrival date. If you fail to cancel your boarding reservation within 72 hours, your deposit will be forfeited. If you cancel your boarding reservation within the acceptable time frame your deposit will be credited to your K9 Kampus account and available to be used for future boarding reservations. Credits cannot be applied towards retail items. A reservation is required to qualify for all special priced services. A 24 hour notice of cancellation is required for all special priced services, if you are a no-
5. Emergency Contact (EC) . You must provide an adult, over the age of 18, as your Emergency Contact. This person must also be someone other than the primary Pet Parent(s). If we cannot reach you, you authorize us to contact the individual(s) designated as your EC. You agree that they shall have your full and complete authority to make all decisions, including those related to the expenditure of funds, for or on behalf of you and your Pet.
6. Emergencies. In the event of an emergency, every effort will be made to contact you or your EC to retrieve your Pet or confirm care instructions. Parent agrees that K9 Kampus, at its sole discretion, is authorized to transport, and/or to make temporary, alternative arrangements to house and care for your Pet until such time you or your EC can retrieve the Pet.
8. Pet Health and Behavior. We reserve the right to refuse to accept a Pet at Check-
a. If at any time your Pet is found to have fleas or ticks, we may/will provide the appropriate flea or tick removal treatment, and Parent hereby authorize us to provide such service at your additional expense. We may accept certain older Pets and administer routine medication for chronic conditions, but we are not equipped to care for acutely sick Pets or aggressive or biting Pets.
b. Proof of vaccinations must be provided on veterinarian letterhead. We do NOT accept self-
c. You represent that to the best of your knowledge, your Pet has not been exposed to rabies, distemper, or parvovirus within 30 days prior to beginning its stay with us. The Bordetella vaccine must be administered at least 5 days before your pets visit/stay to K9 Kampus. If your Pet has been treated for a contagious illness, we cannot accept your Pet for at least two (2) weeks after treatment has been completed and a statement of health is obtained from a licensed veterinarian.
d. Parent acknowledges that we may contact appropriate authorities in the event your Pet bites another Pet or any person.
e. Parent acknowledges and agrees that in the unlikely event your Pet becomes ill or injured, or if you’re Pet has a pre-
9. Dogs in Heat. Dogs in heat are NOT allowed in the facility. Upon dropping your dog off for boarding you must complete an “In Heat Waiver” stating you understand that dogs in heat are not allowed in the facility. Parent must provide an emergency contact specifically to remove your dog from the facility if your dog should go into heat during the boarding stay. If no contact is provided or we cannot reach the designated emergency contact Parent gives K9 Kampus permission to make off-
10. Contact with Other Pets. While your Pet is staying with us, he or she may come into contact with other Pets. Every effort will be made to ensure the safety of our guests by enforcing strict Restrictions on Pets as set forth in K9 Kampus’ procedures.
PARENT acknowledges and agrees that in the unlikely event your Pet is injured by another Pet, Parent HEREBY RELEASES K9 KAMPUS AND ITS EMPLOYEES FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR SUCH INJURY.
If your Pet injures another Pet, Parent will be solely responsible for any injury to the other Pet(s) as well as your own Pet, and PARENT HEREBY RELEASES K9 KAMPUS AND ITS EMPLOYEES FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR SUCH INJURY.
If your Pet injures another Person, PARENT will be solely responsible for any injury to the Person(s) as well as your own Pet, and PARENT HEREBY RELEASES K9 KAMPUS AND ITS EMPLOYEES FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR SUCH INJURY.
Admittance into our facility is your acknowledgement and understanding of all our policies, procedures and requirements. PARENT HEREBY RELEASES K9 KAMPUS AND ITS EMPLOYEES FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY.
11. Communicable diseases. All Pets coming into the K9 Kampus are required to be vaccinated. However, it is still possible for a Pet to become ill, even if vaccinated. This is not due to any circumstance or condition at K9 Kampus and Parent agrees that K9 Kampus is not liable for any illness suffered by your Pet during or after its stay, including but not limited to Tracheobronchitis (Canine Cough).
12. Pets not picked up on Departure Date. In the event that you or your EC do not pick up your Pet on the agreed upon Departure Date, Parent hereby authorizes K9 KAMPUS to continue to provide the daily Services as set forth in this Agreement at PARENTS expense. If K9 Kampus determines, at its sole discretion, that an extension of Services is required, payment in full may be required prior to extending such Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if such Pet is deemed abandoned under local, state, or federal laws or regulations, or in K9 Kampus’ discretion as permitted by law, we will follow the Abandoned Pet Procedure.
a. If you decide to extend your stay and you either don’t inform us at all or you inform us after the suite has been cleaned you may/will incur a re-
b. Every effort will be made to extend your stay in the same or comparable suite; however, if the same or comparable suite is unavailable your pet will be upgraded at your additional expense.
13. Abandoned Pet Procedure Unless otherwise required by applicable law, if you fail to pick-
a. All Services, with the exception of medication administration necessary to ensure Pet health and safety and Basic Services (as defined as Boarding) will be terminated. Day Care or Play Date guests may be converted to Boarding Services if the Pet has not been picked up during Day Care hours and the expense thereof shall be paid by you.
b. We will attempt to contact you by telephone and/or in writing using the information that you have provided, advising you that if your Pet is not picked up within a reasonable time period, your Pet will be deemed to be abandoned and that we will deliver the Pet to a third party adoption partner, Animal Control or other similar government agency. If you fail to pick-
c. PARENT shall remain liable to K9 KAMPUS for all unpaid charges including the court costs and reasonable attorney’s fees incurred in the collection of the Charges.
14. Your representations to us. You represent to us that you are the owner of the Pet and that you are fully authorized to enter into this Agreement. All of the information about you and your Pet in this Agreement is true, accurate and complete. To the best of the Parents knowledge, Pet has no illness, injury or behavior problem (including aggressive or biting behavior) that has not been disclosed to K9 Kampus in writing. Parent agrees to indemnify and hold K9 Kampus harmless, from and against all loss, damage or expense, including attorney’s fees, resulting from misrepresentations by Parent or Parent’s representatives or resulting from your Pet’s stay including, without limitation, any person claiming to be the owner of your Pet and any person claiming damage or injury by your Pet.
15. Personal items. Do not bring items with your Pet that are valuable or irreplaceable. K9 Kampus is not responsible for loss or damage to any personal item or toy left with your Pet.
16. Updates. Contract updates may occur; it is your responsibility to check for changes to the contract, policies and procedures. An updated version of the contract is always viewable on the website. You may be required to re-
17. Miscellaneous Provisions This written Agreement constitutes our entire and only agreement and there are no oral agreements or understandings except as provided for herein. Any additional agreements made between K9 Kampus and individual clients must be documented in writing and placed in the clients file to be valid.
18. Amendments. This Agreement may not be amended or revised except by a writing executed by all of the parties hereto.
19. No Waiver. The failure of any party to insist, in any one or more instances, upon performance of any of the provisions of this Agreement, or to take advantage of any of its rights hereunder, shall not operate as a waiver thereof or preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right or power.
20. Florida Law. This Agreement shall be governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida.
21. Jurisdiction and Venue. The parties acknowledge and agree that this Agreement has been entered into in Brevard County, Florida, and that jurisdiction over the parties in any action arising out of or in any way connected with this Agreement is proper in any court of competent jurisdiction within Brevard County, Florida.
22. Attorneys’ Fees. In the event any action is commenced by a party hereto against another party arising out of or in any way connected with this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to have and recover from the losing party reasonable attorneys' fees and costs incurred in connection with such action and in preparation for such action.
23. Complete Agreement. This Agreement contains the complete agreement of the parties, and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, written or oral.
24. Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which when executed and delivered shall be an original but all such counterparts shall constitute one and the same agreement. Any signature page of this Agreement may be detached from any counterpart without impairing the legal effect of any signatures thereon, and may be attached to another counterpart, identical in form thereto, but having attached to it one or more additional signature pages.
25. Indemnity by Parent. Parent covenants and agrees to indemnify and hold K9 KAMPUS harmless in respect of any damages imposed upon or sustained by K9 KAMPUS by reason of any misrepresentation, breach or non-
26. Headings. The subject headings of the sections of this Agreement are included for purposes of convenience only, and shall not affect the construction or interpretation of any of its provisions.
27. Successors and Assigns. This Agreement shall be binding on, and shall inure to the benefit of, the parties and their respective heirs, legal representatives, successors and assigns.
28. Recitals. The recital provisions of this Agreement are true and correct and are incorporated in this Agreement by this reference
29. Family Responsibility. It is the responsibility of the parent that signs this contract to inform and educate all family members that will be involved with bringing pets into the facility for services to: know, understand and acknowledge all provisions of this contract as well as all rules, regulations, policies and procedures of K9 Kampus.
30. K9 Kampus Activities & Associated Rules (Park Play, Pool Parties, Lure Course, and others)
a. Park Personnel is not always on duty in the various play areas (including but not limited to: Lure, Indoor/outdoor Park, Pool, Agility)
b. Users of this facility do so at their own risk. K9 Kampus is not liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog or person in the premises. Owners agree to assume the full responsibility of any injuries, damages, or loss connected with or associated with their use of any and all areas of the facility (indoor and outdoor).
c. Hours vary from day to day and for the different areas of the facility. Please refer hours posted in lobby. Please note because of private functions certain areas may not be available from time to time
d. Climbing on or over the fences is prohibited.
e. The K9 Kampus pool is for dog use only. At no time should Parent or guests of parents be in the pool.
i. The only exception to this rule is if your dog is in a altercation with another dog and you need to intervene.
f. The off-
g. All dogs must have their current Rabies, Bordetella and Distemper/Parvo (DHLPP) vaccines. Must be administered by a licensed Veterinarian. No self administered or breeder administered vaccinations allowed.
h. It is the Parents responsibility to provide updated vaccinations.
i. It is not the responsibility of K9 Kampus to remind or inform you when your dog’s vaccinations are up for renewal.
j. Please be aware we will turn you and your dog away if you have not provided updated vaccinations. We are very strict with this policy, you’re patience and understanding is appreciated.
k. A handler must be physically capable of controlling their dog. All handlers are required to remain inside the gates and be in view and voice contact with their dog at all times. Limit two dogs per handler per visit.
l. Please be aware of your dog’s actions and behavior toward other dogs in the park areas at all times.
m. Dogs in heat and puppies under the age of four months of age are prohibited.
n. It is recommended that all dogs using the park be spayed or neutered.
o. Marking is NOT allowed in the indoor facility. If your dog is a marker you must either bring/use a binder while in the facility or you will be asked to leave.
p. Parents/handlers must immediately pick-
q. All collars, harnesses and leads must be removed before the dog(s) enter the parks. Slip leads are recommended.
r. Handlers must carry a leash at all times. The leash must be of sufficient strength to control the dog and not exceed six foot in length. Dogs must be leashed prior to entering and upon leaving the gated areas. For ease and convenience K9 Kampus recommends using a slip lead while in the park. If you do not have one available they can be purchased on-
s. Food, alcohol, strollers and bicycles are not allowed on the premises. Outside drinks or food are not allowed on the premises (in or out).
t. Children under 18 years old must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian at all times. Children under the age of 12 are not permitted in the park. Children are not permitted to run with or chase after dogs.
u. Aggressive dogs are prohibited from this facility. Dogs exhibiting rough, aggressive or dangerous behavior must be removed immediately. After exhibiting aggressive behavior three times the dog will be permanently prohibited from the park.
v. An infraction of any of these rules can result in temporary or permanent loss of park privileges.
w. No spiky heels or cleats allowed anywhere on the premises (indoor & outdoor).
30. ADDITIONAL SERVICES ADDED ON TO DAYCARE AND BOARDING STAYS
Services including but not limited to: Lure, agility, one-
By requesting additional services during your daycare or boarding stay you give us permission to add the services to your account for payment in full at the time of pick-
It is K9 Kampus policy to have all services requested in writing providing approval to participate in any additional services. We understand that there will be times when providing written approval is not convenient and therefore we will honor verbal requests. You hold K9 Kampus harmless of any miss-
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have read, understood, and voluntarily executed this Agreement as of the day and year first above written.
Pet Parent: Date:
(Print Parents Name)
K9 KAMPUS LLC:
K9 Kampus Representative Date:
Please note: Services refer to when the Pet Parent leaves the pet in the care of K9 Kampus. Activities refer to when Pet Parents attend any of our public events with their dog, when they are in the parents care and responsibility. Policies and procedures may differ between services and activities.
K9 Kampus reserves the right to make policy and procedure exceptions on a case by case basis. Because K9 Kampus considers the safety and well being of all the dogs in our care as top priority K9 Kampus reserves the right to refuse services to anyone for any reason.
Below is a copy of the K9 Kampus overall facility contract and is required to be signed by all clients wanting to take part in K9 Kampus services. Additional contracts and waivers may be required to participate in certain services and activities. Contracts and waivers may be updated and changed at anytime. By entering the facilities clients agree to acknowledge, follow and uphold all policies and procedures and take full responsibility for the actions of their dog.
If you have any questions or require clarification please contact K9 Kampus management at 321-